ISOs are international standards that help organisations to consistently meet product and/or service requirements. They are published by the International Organization for Standardization.
Why do ISO standards exist?
Standards exist for practically everything you can think of: from helping to ensure that there is a consistent level of product safety for toys, through to ensuring that companies meet compliance requirements for customer and regulatory requirements.
Why should companies implement ISO standards?
Typically, when we’re asked to help companies or organisations to implement ISOs, it’s because they want to win bigger business through a tendering process.
They may have:
- Identified a tender opportunity that requires them to have an accredited management system.
- Failed to win recent tenders, where part of the reason given was a lack of a demonstrable, effective management system.
Implemented well, a good management system for any of these ISOs will help businesses and organisations to win more business.
But they will do far more than that.
- They will help you to improve operational efficiency.
- They will help to reduce costs.
- The will help to improve product safety.
- They will help your organisation to understand which areas they need to improve and why (whether it’s because there are trends arising from audit findings, or because of a change in legislation that impacts daily operations).
Health and safety in the workplace are the number one concern of
most businesses, yet still deaths and injuries occur. ISO 45001 sets
the minimum standard of practice to protect employees worldwide.
For more information regarding ISO 45001, Occupational Health & Safety, have a look at this excellent .pdf by the International Organization for Standardization.
Then do contact Key-Worx should you feel that an analysis of your organisation’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and objectives require a review. We look forward to hearing from you.